Duane Anthony Joseph Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
General Information about the Scholarship:
The Duane Anthony Joseph Foundation is dedicated to providing college scholarships to deserving students and strengthening our communities through education projects. Two $1500 Scholarships will be awarded to two high school seniors of the Kansas City Public Schools and Charters who resides in Kansas City, MO. In order to provide many students over the years, the scholarship is not renewable. The Duane Anthony Joseph Foundation scholars are students who exhibit academic excellence, leadership skills and community involvement as well as activities, awards and honors, and who have a demonstrated financial need in order to attend college. They must demonstrate their desire and ability to overcome barriers and to achieve their goals. Your application will be evaluated on your:
• Future goals and plans to achieve them;
• Successful preparation as a high school student to prepare and pursue a college education;
• Self motivation in completing challenging coursework;
• Demonstration of financial need.
• A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for graduating high school seniors
• All applicants must reside (permanent home address) in Kansas City, Missouri and applicant must be a student of Kansas City Public Schools and Charters
• Students enrolled full-time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2016, with plans to enter college no later than the Fall following graduation.
• Scholarships from the Foundation shall be used only at an institution that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum, and normally has a regularly organized body of students in attendance at the place where the educational activities are carried on, and that is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as being accredited by recognized accrediting agencies.
What the Scholarship Awards:
• Students seeking degrees through online or distance learning programs exclusively shall not be eligible for the Duane Anthony Joseph Foundation Scholarship.
• Online/distance learning courses are permitted when a part of the required curriculum taught in the campus environment and when such course is only available online or through distance learning.
How to Apply:
• Online Scholarship Application: March 15, 2016 to May 1, 2016 at 11:59pm
• Application must be accompanied by official transcripts, ACT scores, academic references, two letters of recommendations (Teacher and Personal), community service projects, completed FAFSA and Student Aid Report, Essay: outlining their future career goals and how academia would serve as a tool to help them reach their goals. Send these items to The Joseph Foundation, 111 West 10th Street Suite 12, Kansas City, MO 64105. Postmarked before May 1, 2016.
• Apply NOW @ josephfdn.org and mail supplementary documents to 111 West 10th Street Suite 12, Kansas City, MO 64105 or click on the following link: Duane Anthony Joseph Foundation Scholarship Application